McKim & Creed Acquires GSA Consulting Engineers, Inc. & Expands into Louisiana
Acquisition Strengthens Engineering Resources in Louisiana
McKim & Creed announced today that it has acquired GSA Consulting Engineers, Inc., an award-winning engineering firm in Gonzales, Louisiana.
GSA provides planning, engineering and permitting services for water and wastewater facilities, hydraulic engineering including drainage/levee/flood protection, transportation and roadway engineering, and civil/site design. Glenn G. Shaheen, PE, established the company in 1988.
“Expanding our services into Louisiana has long been a vital part of our strategic growth plan,” added John Lucey, PE, McKim & Creed board chair. “We have found a company that meshes well with our culture of creativity, innovation, dependability and responsiveness.”
GSA has provided engineering services for such projects as:
- Water System Upgrades including the 1-Million-Gallon Pedesphere Elevated Storage Tank, Transmission Mains and SCADA for the City of Gonzales;
- West Lac Des Allemands Shoreline Protection project for St. John the Baptist Parish;
- Regional Sewer System for Ascension Parish;
- Wastewater System Expansion/Upgrade for the City of Gonzales and the City of Donaldsonville;
- Laurel Ridge Levee Extension including SCADA for Ascension Parish;
- Luling Oxidation Pond Rehabilitation and Upgrades for St. Charles Parish;
- $4.7-Million Container Yard Expansion for the Port of Greater Baton Rouge;
In addition, GSA was recently successful in securing funding for projects through the Louisiana Watershed Initiative, including $42 million for the Louisiana Highway 22 Bridge Construction and Drainage Improvements Project.
“This is a great opportunity for GSA to merge with the dynamic, technologically advanced and diverse company that is McKim & Creed. This will allow us to expand the services we offer to our existing clients, grow our customer base, and for our staff to become employee-owners of the firm they are invested in. We are extremely happy to be a part of the McKim & Creed team,” said Mr. Shaheen, GSA founder and now McKim & Creed vice president and regional manager.
As part of McKim & Creed, GSA adds mechanical, electrical, plumbing and structural engineering; instrumentation and controls; industrial design-build; and surveying to its service offerings.
Terms of the acquisition, which was finalized on June 4, 2021 were not disclosed. In the future, GSA will provide services as McKim & Creed, Inc.
About GSA, Inc.
Glenn G. Shaheen founded GSA, Inc. in 1988 to provide professional engineering consulting services to federal, state and local governments and the private sector. GSA offers a complete range of engineering and consulting services.